Specialist Support Workers
Dean Healthcare are recruiting Support Workers to work at a Supported Living setting in Henbury specialising in Visual impairment
We are looking for specialist support workers to provide cover at a supported living setting in Henbury, specialising in visual impairment and /or complex needs with Learning Disabilities and in particular ASD.
The residents have a variety of needs and some are wheelchair users. You will be providing support on a 1:1 basis, enabling the residents to complete their day-to-day activities, including household tasks, independence skills and community based outings.
The residents would benefit from support workers who have experience of verbally challenging behaviour, and those who have worked with people who have experienced sight loss and visual impairments.
A variety of shifts are available, both day and night shifts, including shifts from 9am to 12.30pm and 9am to 1.30pm.
- Minimum of 6 months experience within the health and social care sector
- The energy and enthusiasm to work in a busy and challenging environment
- An imaginative and innovative approach to care
- A comfortable and professional attitude to all levels of personal care
- Experience and training in manual handling – we provide this free of charge
Benefits and positives
- Competitive rates of pay, offering incentives for weekend & public holiday work
- Weekly pay
- Hourly accrued holiday pay in addition to the hourly rate
- Free mandatory training
- Free specialist training courses to help with career progression
- Flexible hours that suit your needs
- A 24hr 365 days of the year on-call support team
- Free Enhanced DBS check (T&C's apply)