We are seeking motivated support workers to work at a new service in Sea Mills. The service users have apartments and are aged from 18 years and access colleges, jobs and activities with support
We are looking for experienced support workers to join our team in working at this innovative new service with young adults. The residents have their own independent flats and need assistance, guidance and prompting to complete their daily tasks and make the most of the opportunities available to them.
As a member of our support team you will be helping to prepare meals, assisting and guiding washing and tidying and providing the residents with dignified, considerate personal care where needed. You will also encourage the residents’ independence and unique interests, helping them get out and about in the local community, and ensuring their opinions and preferences are communicated. The service users have learning disabilities and epilepsy and to enable you to provide the best support and care, we will ensure you receive epilepsy and medication training.
- Minimum of 6 months experience within the health and social care sector
- The energy and enthusiasm to work in a busy environment
- Level headed, and able to work independently or in larger team
- A pro active and friendly approach to person-centred care
- Willing to undergo training to meet the needs of the role
Benefits and positives
- Competitive rates of pay, offering incentives for weekend and bank holiday shifts
- Weekly pay
- Hourly accrued holiday pay in addition to the hourly pay rate.
- Free, ongoing mandatory training
- Free specialist training courses to help with career progression
- Flexible hours that suit your needs
- A 24hr 365 days of the year on-call support team