- Days, Evenings, Flexible hours, Full time, Nights, Part time, Permanent contract, Shifts, Sleep ins, Varied hours, Waking nights, Weekdays, Weekends
- Bishops Cleeve, Charlton Kings, Cheltenham, Cinderford, Cirencester, Coleford, Dursley, Forest of Dean, Gloucester, Stonehouse, Stroud
- Local office:
Dean Healthcare are a leading healthcare recruitment agency based in the Gloucestershire area. We specialise in recruiting healthcare assistants, support workers, and registered nurses. We are currently recruiting for an experienced, and enthusiastic support worker to join our ever-growing Gloucestershire team.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about delivering the best support to the most vulnerable. The ideal support worker will need to take on the following responsibilities:
- Personal care; such as feeding, dressing, and changing the service user
- Moving and handling of the service user, in a safe and competent manner
- Promoting the independence of the service users, for example by helping with everything from budgeting, to going out into the community, to providing emotional/social support.
You will be working with people with a variety of conditions, such as those with learning disabilities, dementia, mental health issues, and those with physical disabilities. We are also looking for someone who is open to working with those who exhibit challenging behaviour.
Dean Healthcare want someone who is looking for a rewarding career, and someone who is looking for flexibility. We provide a range of different types of shifts, such as days, nights, and sleep-ins.
- Being able to drive is ideal, as some clients are located quite remotely
- Able to use your own initiative, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 9 months paid work experience within the health and social care sector
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- All positions to undergo a DBS check (For free (T&C’s apply))
As the leading health and social care recruitment agency, Dean Healthcare believes in a person centred approach and as part of our dedicated team you will get:
- Competitive rates of pay + holiday pay
- Weekly pay
- Flexible working hours to support your needs
- Free mandatory training
- Continued professional development
- Dedicated 24/7 consultant available to you 365 days of the year
- Clinical advice and guidance when needed from our clinical supervisor