We are looking for experienced and motivated Healthcare Assistants to join our team, supporting the team at a specialist dementia unit providing 24 hour care and support.
Dean Healthcare are currently seeking experienced and motivated Healthcare Assistants to join our team at a specialist dementia unit providing 24 hour care and support for 45 service users with very complex needs including Dementia, Huntington’s disease with associated mental health.
You will need to be skilled at understanding people’s communication needs, and in supporting the full process of the illness. This service prides themselves in treating residents with respect and dignity, as well as giving them back their autonomy and allowing them to be themselves in a positive and engaging environment.
As a member of our healthcare team, you will be administering all aspects of personal care, whilst providing residents with choice and respect. You will support residents in interacting with their surroundings, washing, tidying, moving freely about the unit and allowing them to remember all the ordinary tasks they used to do.
This service offers 24 hour care and as such we can offer you work in the times that suit you best, including day, night and weekend shifts. We also have similar shifts available at other services.
- Minimum of 3 months experience within the health and social care sector
- The energy and enthusiasm to work in a busy and challenging environment
- Experience in dementia and EMI, including any associated challenging behaviour
- Experience in high levels of personal care
- Experience and/or training in moving/handling and use of hoists- we offer this training for free
Benefits and positives
As the leading health and social care recruitment agency, Dean Healthcare believes in a person centred approach and as part of our dedicated team you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Flexible working hours to support your needs
- Free mandatory training
- Continued professional development
- Dedicated 24/7 consultant available to you 365 days of the year
- Clinical advice and guidance when needed from our clinical supervisor