Join our team supporting a specialist dementia unit for 45 service users with complex needs including Dementia, Huntington’s disease and associated mental health needs, based in Brentry.
The staff at this unit are skilled at understanding people’s communication needs, and in supporting the full process of their time with the service. They pride themselves in treating residents with respect and dignity, as well as giving them back their autonomy and allowing them to be themselves in a positive and engaging environment. Our nurses attend shifts with the aim of keeping the service running smoothly, working as a team and providing the very best standards of care possible.
A variety of shifts are available from 7am to 9pm, 7am to 2pm and 1pm to 9pm.
- Minimum of 12 months experience within the last 2 years
- Valid PIN and evidence of ongoing CPD
- The energy and enthusiasm to work in a busy and challenging environment
- Experience in dementia and EMI, including any associated challenging behaviour
- Experience and/or training in moving/handling and use of hoists- we offer this training for free
- All positions and posts are subject to a DBS check
- Right to live and work in the UK
Benefits and positives
- Weekly pay
- Hourly accrued holiday pay in addition to the pay rates
- Numerous prestigious contracts offering you stability as well as flexibility
- Free mandatory training
- Free specialist training courses to help with career progression
- Flexible hours that suit your needs
- On-call support team available to you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- A Clinical Lead available to support you