We are seeking experienced and motivated support workers to join our team at a Respite service for young people in Clevedon.
The service users, aged between 15 and 24, have learning disabilities as well as autism. Service users may present challenging behaviour, both physical and verbal, and as such we require staff with similar experience who have a pro-active, calming approach.
As a support worker here, you will assist the service users with personal care and day to day house duties, as well as promoting their independence and individual interests and assisting with their activities and enabling social and emotional wellbeing practices.
- Minimum of 6 months experience within the health and social care sector
- The energy and enthusiasm to work in a busy and challenging environment
- PIT training or similar
- A confident and calming influence
- Experience and/or training in challenging behaviour
Benefits and positives
As the leading health and social care recruitment agency, Dean Healthcare believes in a person centred approach and as part of our dedicated team you will get:
- Competitive rates of pay starting from £9.25 - £11
- Weekly pay
- Hourly accrued holiday pay in addition to the hourly rate
- Free mandatory training
- Free specialist training courses to help with career progression
- Flexible hours that suit your needs
- A 24hr 365 days of the year on-call support team
- Clinical advice and guidance when needed from our clinical supervisor