Mental Health Care Assistant
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Mental Health Care Assistants to work at a fourteen-bedded home in Brislington for adults with enduring mental health needs.
The residents at this mixed-gender home are between the ages of 40 and 90 years old. Some of the residents have very complex mental health needs and need support and care with multiple aspects of their day-to-day.
As one of our dedicated care assistants at the heart of the home you will be there to help encourage the residents in their daily activities, assist with personal hygiene routines, and partake in trips out to appointments and social events. The residents have a variety of mental health needs, so a good understanding of schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, and depression would be an advantage.
The residents of this home require a 24 hour service 7 days a week, therefore we are able to provide a wide variety of shifts including earlies, lates, and nights, as well as alternative shifts at other settings.
- Minimum of 6 months experience within the health and social care sector
- A passion for promoting independence and well-being with residents and fellow staff
- An imaginative and innovative approach to care
- A comfortable and professional attitude to all levels of personal care
- Medication training required for many shifts – we offer this training free of charge.
- All positions and posts are subject to a DBS check
- Right to live and work in the UK
Benefits and positives
- Competitive rates of pay, offering incentives for night/weekend/public holidays.
- Weekly pay
- Hourly accrued holiday pay in addition to the hourly pay rate
- Free mandatory training
- Free specialist training courses to help with your career progression
- Flexible hours that suit your needs
- On-Call support team available to you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!