An experienced, energetic and adaptable Support Worker required to work within a fantastic fast-paced day centre for adults with various learning disabilities..
Support Worker, Knowle, BS4
Avg. £11.50 per hour (with hourly-accrued holiday pay)
Flexible hours available, you build your own rota!
Ongoing Mon-Fri block bookings available!
Would suit someone working around school/childcare needs
Are you an experience support worker looking for flexibility, opportunity and regular income?
I am looking for an experienced and adaptable support worker to join the wonderful team at our established client based in Knowle (just near Melvin Square). This is a lovely day centre, supporting a wide range of adults with learning difficulties, autism and physical disabilities. Here both 1-1 and group support is offered, giving you the opportunity to build ongoing relationships with the people you support, as well as to experience new things every day!
We are seeking staff who are passionate about encouraging independence and helping people build and develop their skills, hobbies, and passions – as well as emphasising the importance of being part of the community, having a healthy social network and taking part in physical activities.
We require support staff who are pro-active and enthusiastic - each day you are encouraged to work with the people you support, building their confidence and empowering their choices. There are daily activities and education opportunities such as cooking classes, arts & crafts courses, walking groups to access the community, shopping trips and more!
A lively personality is key, and we’re seeking someone with strong communication skills as some of the people you support here may use non-verbal communication.
Shifts here run Monday – Friday each week, from 0930 - 1530 and ongoing bookings are encouraged, allowing you to maintain a steady income that suits your availability.
Dean Healthcare is an established and dedicated health & social care agency, providing the very best staffing to outstanding homes and care services within the Bristol area. We are dedicated to supporting the development and wellbeing of our staff and clients. We are specialists in what we do and only take on the very best of candidates.
If you are interested in this position, or would like to discuss the other options we have in the Bristol area, please call Zoe on 0117 325 0282 or click apply and we will be in touch.
(Please be aware that all roles are offered subject to satisfactory DBS and reference checks)
- Preferably at least 5 months of relevant professional experience
- Willing to undergo DBS and reference checks
- Sensitive and patient approach, particularly with regards to personal care
- A background of learning disabilities care preferred, but not essential
- Physically able to undertake moving & handling requirements (with full training provided free of charge)
- Willing to try new things
- Seeking to broaden your horizons within the care industry
- A confident and capable communicator, with good written/spoken English
- Right to work in the UK
Benefits and positives
- Weekly pay
- Holiday pay accrued as you work
- 24/7 telephone support with our team of dedicated consultants
- Free basic training, plus additional specialist courses provided to help you develop your career
- The freedom to choose when you want to work
- The opportunity to try different settings and gain a wide range of experience
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities to progress to permanent employment if desired