Are you a registered nurse looking for flexibility? The chance to make a difference in the lives of children? Join our busy team in Gloucestershire and see the impact you can make.
We are looking for Registered Nurses who are passionate about high quality medical care for young people with disabilities. This service is nationally renowned for its forward thinking and exceptional care, support and education. You would use your skills and knowledge to keep residents and students with disabilities safe and well so they can live their lives to the full.
You will support young adults with complex disabilities to manage their long-term health conditions so they can do the things they want. Working alongside the permanent staff, you’ll be able to help them manage their medication, promote their independence, and use your nursing skills to make sure they can lead the lives they choose. You will also be on hand to deliver day-to-day and emergency nursing care as required.
The resident’s needs are medically complex and some have respiratory issues, epilepsy, neurological and life-limiting conditions. You will need to have competency in managing epilepsy and gastrostomy care, deep laryngectomy and be capable of thinking on your feet.
Your work here provides security and consistency to the young residents and their families, and Dean Healthcare will ensure you get every opportunity to feel fulfilled and enjoy the flexibility and appreciation that working with us brings.
- A valid PIN and qualifications relevant to the role
- At least 12 months relevant nursing experience
- A DBS, or willingness to get one (Funded by us, T&C’s apply)
- An empathetic nature and understanding approach
- Willingness to undergo training provided by both us and the service
Benefits and positives
- A competitive salary starting at £24 per hour
- Weekly pay
- Holiday entitlement, separately accrued as you work
- Flexibility with the days you work
- Excellent free ongoing training
- 24/7 support from local consultants
- A recommend a friend scheme
- Yearly pay rise
- Free DBS