Learning Disability Support Worker
Join us in helping a communal learning disability setting to provide excellent support and dignified care to adults
This unusual service is laid out over a number of houses and flats within walking distance of each other. All adults are treated as individuals and their preferences and choices are valued and their contributions to the community are respected and celebrated. The service leaders provide varied and interesting activities and opportunities for the residents to get involved in, including baking, crafts, farming and gardening, community visits and celebration of festivals throughout the year.
Working through Dean Healthcare, you will be offered shifts at this and other settings. It is your role to adapt to the service and service users you are attending. You can expect to be joining in with activities, enabling residents voices and choices to be heard, liaising with families, networks and service leaders to advocate for your residents, and providing care and support either one-on-one or in small groups. No two shifts are the same, but we always try to keep our staff with the same residents and roles for consistency and to provide reliability to the service users.
As well as the wide range of benefits you get for working with us, you also get to make the lasting and incredibly valuable impact on the adults using the services, as well as the provisions themselves.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- A minimum of 9 months paid experience
- Willing to complete specialist training to meet the needs of the client
- Driving is desirable- some services are difficult to reach via public transport
- Excellent communication and written skills
- All positions are subject to a DBS check and satisfactory references
Benefits and positives
- Free ongoing training
- Flexible working hours around your commitments
- Excellent salary of up to £11 per hour, paid weekly
- Holiday entitlement, accrued separately
- Temporary to permanent opportunities
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £200 per successful referral
- Local consultant and branch support team
- Free DBS
- Free uniform