Registered Mental Health Nurse
Join us in providing mental health care in a service so meaningful, where you have the opportunity to make a life-long difference to young people when they are at their most vulnerable
I am looking for Mental Health Nurses to join our busy team in Gloucester, providing nursing support to a service that offers a new and innovative model of care for young people moving onto independence. It offers a safe place, for young people to live, but also a place of calm for young people at times of crisis or distress. This provision provides help and assistance to those aged 16 upwards, leaving care and experiencing mental health conditions.
Most clients are very independent, you will only be there to support and interact. You will, however, also be assigned a maximum of 2 clients on shift that are high risk due to their mental health conditions.
Duties will involve updating care plans, carrying out case reviews, liaising with GP’s or next of kin, helping individuals remain calm, helping them progress and develop skills to be more independent and medication. Your main duty will be interacting with each individual, building a positive relationship and providing them with high quality support.
- A valid PIN and qualifications relevant to the role
- At least 12 months relevant nursing experience
- A DBS, or willingness to get one (Funded by us, T&C’s apply)
- An empathetic nature and understanding approach
- Willingness to undergo training provided by both us and the service
Benefits and positives
- A competitive salary starting at £24 per hour
- Weekly pay
- Holiday entitlement, separately accrued as you work
- Flexibility with the days you work
- Excellent free ongoing training
- 24/7 support from local consultants
- A recommend a friend scheme
- Yearly pay rise
- Free DBS