We are looking for learning disability experienced support workers to join our team and provide consistent high quality support to a group of adults in Westbury on Severn.
This service is home to 14 adults with a range of learning disabilities and conditions. The provision is laid out in a set of bungalows in a beautiful rural area in Westbury. The service users require support with their day to day tasks, such as cooking, housekeeping and shopping, as well as assistance with interesting activities and outings in the community and beyond, such as horse riding, gardening, arts and crafts and educational programs.
As a night worker, you will be aiding in self and personal care routines, being wakeful and considerate throughout the nights and assisting with paperwork and household tasks- your role is imperative in ensuring the safety and health of service users. The holistic and 24-hour support approach gives the residents the independence and respect they deserve, whilst maintaining their safety and wellbeing.
As a knowledgeable support worker, you will be capable of following care plans, liaising with staff and other professionals and building positive enabling relationships. Your role is essential in helping the residents to grow in confidence, learn new skills and be healthy and well. Working through Dean Healthcare, you will be offered shifts at this service and other similar ones to meet your requirements and preferred shift pattern. You will also be given training and get the chance to develop new skills and further your career.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- A minimum of 9 months paid experience
- Willing to complete specialist training to meet the needs of the client
- Driving is desirable- some services including this one are very difficult to reach via public transport
- Excellent communication and written skills
- All positions are subject to a DBS check and satisfactory references
Benefits and positives
- Free ongoing training
- Excellent salary of up to £11 per hour, paid weekly
- Holiday entitlement
- Temporary to permanent opportunities
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £200 per successful referral
- Local consultant and branch support team
- Free DBS
- Free uniform