Learning Disability Support Worker
Dean Healthcare are looking for Support workers for a small number of supported living services in the Bodenham, Bromyard and Leominster area.
We are looking for experienced and capable support workers to join our busy team. We assist a small number of supported services in the Bodenham, Leominster and Bromyard area to meet the needs of their residents.
You will be making a huge difference to these adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour, helping and encouraging them to develop life skills, keeping their homes in order and their lives fun, interesting and meaningful. The services provide a range of activities and opportunities including attending educational programs, gardening and community projects and trips out. Working alongside permanent staff, you will follow person-centred plans and take direction from the leader on shift. You may be required to help with a small amount of personal care and some moving and handling, as well as keeping records and reporting to the appropriate people. As an experienced support worker, you will be the kind of person who can build positive relationships with residents and the team, and exemplify the very best of support and care.
- Minimum of 9 months relevant experience
- Willing to complete specialist training subject to the needs of a client
- All positions and posts are subject to a DBS check
- Ability to work well under pressure and dealing with difficult situations
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Driving Licence is preferred but not essential
- Must be able to communicate effectively
Benefits and positives
- Free DBS, training, and uniform (Subject to T&C’s)
- Competitive pay, up to 10.50 per hour with enhancements on bank holidays
- Holiday paid separately
- A very reputable agency – over 16 years in the industry
- A variety of shifts to choose from
- A variety of locations to work in
- Opportunities to gain new experience
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- 24/7 support
- Local experienced consultants