Care and Support Assistant
Dean Healthcare support a number of settings, including nursing homes in Worcestershire. We are looking for experienced Assistants to join our busy team and provide the great care we are known for.
Working in busy care and support homes, you will have picked up the most amazing skills- you will undoubtedly be a great communicator, with a thorough and hardworking attitude and patience and buckets of empathy! Why not join us? Dean Healthcare offers a wealth of benefits for your service: from separately accrued holiday pay to bespoke specialist training, you’ll get all the support and opportunities to do what you do best.
We have various shifts available (and you get enhanced pay for nights, weekends and bank holidays!) Providing care and support to people, often with health conditions or additional needs such as dementia or learning difficulties, you will find yourself joining the permanent staff on shift, attending to resident’s requirements, keeping records and encouraging and helping them to join in with communal activities whilst ensuring their health and wellbeing is always kept central to practice. You may be required to assist with personal care and, at times, behaviour that challenges, but due to your experience, you’ll understand what excellent and dignified care looks like.
We will ensure you get the best training package for your role, and you will have your own supportive consultant, as well as out-of-hours contact to make sure you are as well supported as your residents!
- Minimum of 9 months care experience
- Willing to complete specialist training subject to the needs of a client
- All positions and posts are subject to a DBS check
- Ability to work well under pressure and dealing with difficult situations
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Driving Licence is preferred but not essential
- Must be able to communicate effectively
Benefits and positives
- Free DBS, training, and uniform (Subject to T&C’s)
- Competitive pay, up to 10.50 per hour with enhancements on bank holidays
- Holiday paid separately
- A very reputable agency – over 16 years in the industry
- A variety of shifts to choose from
- A variety of locations to work in
- Opportunities to gain new experience
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- 24/7 support
- Local experienced consultants