We are looking for experienced, dedicated and passionate Support Workers who are confident in their ability to work with different service users in sometimes challenging environments
As an experienced Support Worker you will know how important it is for people with learning disabilities to have the support to make decisions, learn independence skills and access opportunities to grow their confidence. In this role, you will be offered shifts working in supported living homes around Oxfordshire. You will be enabling the residents to access interesting and fulfilling activities such as cycling trips, visits to local areas of interest, gardening clubs and even day trips out of area. Your day to day support will encourage the residents to grow their independence skills and assist them in keeping their spaces clean and organised, using the kitchen to make nutritious and interesting meals, budgeting and paying bills and the weekly shop, and attending to their personal care and health needs.
You will need to be a great communicator with skills to quickly establish strong professional, caring relationships with both existing teams and the residents. You will be respectful and fair in your approach, and always willing to learn and able to take direction and advice from care plans, risk assessments and senior staff.
If you want to continue making a great and positive impact on those needing support, with the benefits Dean Healthcare can offer, this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- A minimum of 9 months paid experience
- Willing to complete specialist training to meet the needs of the client
- Driving is desirable
- Excellent communication and written skills
- All positions are subject to a DBS check and satisfactory references
Benefits and positives
- Free ongoing training
- Flexible hours available
- Excellent salary of up to £11 per hour, paid weekly
- Holiday entitlement, separately accrued
- Temporary to permanent opportunities
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £200 per successful referral
- Local consultant and branch support team
- Free DBS