I am looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and adaptable support worker to join the team at our wonderful client based near Durdham Downs (BS6).
This is a residential support service for young adults with complex needs including multiple learning disabilities, ASD and physical disabilities. This role involves working 1-1 with young people, encouraging independence, learning and access to ongoing education & employment. Hosting close links with the local college, this service encourages residents to build and develop their skills, hobbies and passions – as well as emphasising the importance of being part of the community, having a healthy social network and taking part in physical activities.
We require support staff who are pro-active, each day you are encouraged to sit with residents and plan activities, build routines and build their confidence daily, empowering their choices. You must be willing to take the initiative and encourage residents to get out and about, to pursue their hobbies & interests and to really start building their own independent lives as they transition into adulthood.
A lively personality is key, and we’re seeking someone with strong communication skills as some residents here may use non-verbal communication.
- Preferably at least 5 months of relevant professional experience
- Willing to undergo DBS and reference checks – Free DBS checks
- Sensitive and patient approach, particularly with regards to personal care
- A background of learning disabilities care preferred, but not essential
- Physically able to undertake moving & handling requirements (with full training provided free of charge)
- A confident and competent approach towards behaviours which may challenge (full training can be provided on-site)
- Willing to try new things
- Seeking to broaden your horizons within the care industry
- A confident and capable communicator, with good written/spoken English
- Right to work in the UK
Benefits and positives
- Weekly pay
- £11.50ph week day shifts, £12ph week day night shifts, £12ph weekend day shifts & £13ph weekend night shifts. Rates valid from 1st April 2023
- Holiday pay accrued as you work
- 24/7 telephone support with our team of dedicated consultants
- Free basic training, plus additional specialist courses provided to help you develop your career
- The freedom to choose when you want to work
- The opportunity to try different settings and gain a wide range of experience
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities to progress to permanent employment if desired